Care provided after death:
The Social Security Agency has a responsibility to assess and pay social security benefits accurately and securely and give advice and information about these benefits. These include Social Fund Funeral Payment, Bereavement Allowance, Bereavement Payment, Crisis Loans, Widowed Parent’s Allowance, Community Care Grants and Lone Pensioner Allowance for Home Owners.
A Freephone Bereavement Service is also provided to enable relatives to notify the Social Security Agency directly of the death of their loved one, they can obtain a benefit eligibility check and claim bereavement benefits and/or Social Fund Funeral payment during this call. The Bereavement Service freephone number is 0800 085 2463.
More information can be obtained at:
- www.nidirect.gov.uk/bereavement and
Standards and Guidelines:
- Income and Corporation Taxes Act 1988
- Social Security Administration (Northern Ireland) Act 1992
- Social Security Contributions and Benefits (Northern Ireland) Act 1992
- Pension Schemes (NI) Act 1993
- Pensions (NI) Order 1995
- Social Security (Northern Ireland )Order 1998
- Welfare Reform and Pensions (Northern Ireland) Order 1999
- Child Support, Pensions and Social Security Act